Thursday, October 7, 2010

Serious Side Effects...

     As you most likely know, I have Rheumatoid Arthritis. Since having Max, it has come back with a vengence. It's taken a big toll on my body and I've been pretty useless. The medication is over 1,200 dollars a month, with insurance the copay is 300. Consequently I have had to go without for the past 6 months, UNTIL YESTERDAY! I applied for a grant from the Health Well Foundation who helps pay the enormous cost of medications. It took some time, but definately well worth the wait. Hooray for drugs! Although the medication may have some serious side effects ( TB, Multiple Sclerosis, siezures, Lymphoma and inflammation of the eye nerves), the benefits out weigh the risks. Thanks to Enbrel, I am me again! Thank you  for your thoughts and prayers!

  

2 comments:

  1. That sucks so bad :( I'm glad you were able to get some meds and that you're feeling better. Yeah, side effects can suck, but not when you already feel really crappy in the first place.

    I remember people in school and what not that didn't get it when you said you had arthritis. Idiots. Didn't people sometimes grab your hands hard and hurt you?

    I hope that it doesn't keep progressing and that you don't get nasty side effects from the meds (I'm sure you won't).

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!! I'm so glad you can finally be without pain!! Don't worry who needs eye nerves anyway?!?

    Love ya

    ReplyDelete