Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Elevator of DEATH!!

Late into the midnight hour of Monday October 11th, Amandah was working in the lab at the hospital. It was like any other night really. Mopping floors, scrubbin poo, and chewin the fat with her co-wokers. When roaming the halls [Amandah] met up with co-workers Adam(cousin), and Kynsie Ryfe (friend). Amandah and Kynsie proceeded to walk to the Physicians Plaza to get Kynsie's water bottle on the 4th floor.



Before I go any further here's a little background on the Physicians Plaza. No one is there at night. It was probably built in the early eighties and is filled with corners, shadows, dim lighting, and mirror windows. All sorts of places to hide. 
     The two reached their destination. Office 410. After telling Amandah of her previous incident in the elevator the week prior,(she was stuck) the two continued their journey out of the 410 office. Kynsie remarked that the door was shutting very slowly (implying something was wrong, perhaps someone was holding it) The two exchanged glances and picked up their pace down the corridor, feeling vulnerable in the glass building.
       

          Kynsie remarked that she held mace on her person, (she did not however brag that she didn't know how to use it), but the thought made Amandah feel nice and warm inside. Kynsie would save her should an attacker make himself known. Finally, in what seemed like a labrynth of a hall (it's really a straight shot) the two reached the elevator. The elevator was wood paneled with brown and yellow speckled carpet. They entered. The thought of a recent movie trailor popped into Amandah's head, as she pushed the button for the lobby, and she asked Kynsie if she had seen that movie about the Devil in the elevator.

         Immediately Kynsie screamed bloody murder and coiled up in the fetus position in the opposite corner of the elevator door, scrambling for her mace. Amandah, next to the door, turned to see someone's hands scratching in the closing door trying to pry it back open, she too began to scream for dear life. They were trapped. With no where to run. How had they not seen this intruder?!
 Amandah had a cup of water in her hand, and in trying to throw it at the perpetraitor,(trying to melt them?) spilled it on herself.
           While the two girls froze helpless the figure emerged into the elevator. It was a woman in her mid 60's. Graying hair, black leather coat, wrinkley, coarse hands.
         The woman spoke in a very stern voice as the two were tongue tied to what had just happened., saying, "I sure hope you didn't wake up the sleep study people." They tried to explain to her the circumstances which had occoured before, talking at the same time in a jumble. She replied, "are you the night people?"  As if they had some sad ailment. Then told them that they were strange characters.
Still motionless, Kynsie wet with fright, on the floor in the corner, and Amandah helpless with her empty cup of water, watched as the woman exited on the 2nd floor. The two had been traumatized by this horrible old woman. She could have possibly sustained hearing damage due to their screams, but she was the bad guy. I cannot speak for Kynsie, but I know Amandah, was seriously, and unbelievingly in fear for her life.
     Never again would Amandah go to the Physicians Plaza. Never, again.

6 comments:

  1. Bwahaha, nice one! I would have probably done the same thing. Who was the old lady? Just someone who works there?

    Glad you didn't get axed (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dunno who she was?? SHe probably would have killed us if it was just one of us in there...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my hell .. I'm laughing my fanny off!! First off you two are ridiculous!! Being that I work there 5 days a week in that very building. Being the ONLY breathing human. (There's definitely people there not breathing)I can reassure you that the door on 410 does shut slowly. (which can be a little nerve wracking) Second, the lady was a patient going to the Sleep Study Clinic to be evaluated like many do everynight on the 2nd floor. Let's all take a breathe and breathe in and out ... SLOWLY!!! LOL I'm going to give a recommendation that you should take my position when I leave!!! :) Love ya ... :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all I love that you refer to yourself in The third person. This made me laugh out loud, and wish I had a job. I LOVE scaring people so this comedy of errors is priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO, it's almost been a week and I'm still laughing just as hard as when you told me about it. I never did see Kynsie again that night. Hmmmm....you know the old lady in that movie turned out to be the Devil right? ;>

    ReplyDelete
  6. Reading your blog is the highlight of my day. I know that makes me sound like I have no life (I mean I don't) but you are so funny. I miss laughing my boogers out with you!

    ReplyDelete