Sunday, October 24, 2010

Children of the Corn



Friday Wyatt's preschool class went to Hee Haw Farms in P.G. .

He's the one you can barely see in the back.

They had a grand time going on a hay ride, picking out pumpkins...




 playing in the Hee Haw park...



a petting zoo...


and going through the corn maze.
Of course I have no proof of pictures because the corn maze was haunted.




 Amandah on the other hand did not have such a great time. While heading into the corn maze, [Amandah] got lost with Riley's (one of the other children's) mother, Amy. The two were seperated from the group due to a crappy umbrella stroller, and completely uneven ground (also not watching where their group went). What's that you say? It's a childrens corn maze how lost could they get? The answer is VERY. Apparently, a mother with one screaming baby and an 8 1/2 month pregnant woman do not = smart.  Hello!  This woman could go into labor at any time and all I have to cut the umbilical cord is a corn stalk! All this jostling around on this rugged terrain is sure to send that baby shootin' out!

The Fabulous AMY!

With this thought in mind, the two frantically searched their way through the maze over the mountains of corn and dirt, they broke down stalks, went in circle after circle, finally resorted to calling MRS. SUZAN... She must think we are idiot mothers. She calmly told us to go West... um West? I can barely tell time let alone which way is West lady! Well, needless to say, that didn't work, so after 45 minutes, they cut their way over some bales of hay, down a big long path, and finally got to the pumpkin patch. Victory was theirs!

They also had a corn box...


 Thankfully, W did not see it.
The crazy kids had a great time, and the mothers were simply happy to be alive.
Maxi also enjoyed the day in his stroller. Even though it was a bit bumpy.



3 comments:

  1. I'm DYING!!! Oh Amandah...I can just picture you stuck in that corn maze for hours. That is so great that you had to call for the teacher. And you are saying that you didn't enjoy that?!?! Sounds like a great time to me. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just had to put that picture of me on here didn't you. It's a good thing you called me fabulous otherwise our friendship would be totally questionable. That really was fun even though I was sweating like a pig. Riley has been telling everyone I got lost in a corn maze because I didn't stay with the group. Luckily we were together. If anyone was going to have to tie off the umbilical cord with a cornstalk I can't think of anyone else I would rather have do it. Here's to more fun adventures with our awesome kids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know that Wyatt was in preschool. Looks like he has a blast! Next time bring a GPS into the corn maze... Haha, I'm glad you made it out alive!

    ReplyDelete