Friday, January 28, 2011

Farty Party. I mean: Family Party.

I promise this is the last post on MR W turning 5.
But it's gonna be dooosey!



Wyatt's Birthday came and went with a bang.
he started off the morning pampered with hot brown sugar muffins,
which sadly sagged in the middle after removing them from the oven.

He then dressed himself in his favorite blue super mario shirt,
put his red laced shoes on the wrong feet, and skipped off to school.
 where i'm sure he reminded everyone at least 10x
that today was in fact his birthday
and he is now 5.


I don't know what i love more, that he calls me princess peach



or when he calls me BRO:

"Hey bro."
"Let me show you how the master does it bro."
and my favorite-

"I love you bro"
AWWW

So late last night,
Wyatt's parental units decided to decorate their little home.
Amandah quickly made a birthday sign,
 blew up some balloons,
and hung some streamers.







They were excited to show Wyatt;
in fact they tried to wake him around 11:30 to show him the festive decor.
He resisted.
So as they ripped him out of bed,
they took him to their bedroom to sleep on the floor
where he normally ends up at around 3AM anyways.

In the morning when they arose, Wyatt had vanished from the floor.
Strange.
He had gone back to his room.
Stranger.

7:00:  he came to tell his mom that he needed to use the rest room.
7:45: amandah rolls out of bed to check on him
 he was sitting on his bed looking out his window
 at the dump trucks, and cement trucks working on the house across the street.



She asked him why he didn't sleep on her floor.
His reply : "because you told me not to come out of my room"

Mean old mommy had told him
 if he came out of his room it wouldn't be his birthday
(so she could suprise him with decorations).

the poor kid listened to her and was terrified of missing his birthday.
my tears almost came out.
Then he complimented her on what a great job
 she did on the decorations and how much he liked them.

As much as he drove me nuts all day long
with the same questions
over and over and OVER:

Is today my birthday?
Am I 5 today?
Are my cousins coming over for a party?
Can I open my presents now?
Do you love super mario?
(You get the idea)

I love his guts.

Family came and ate cake.
Messed up our house
(why do kids always try to eat on the couch?)
and had a great time.


Wyatt and his cousins, Jared and Eden



3 comments:

  1. Wow for quickly whipping up a birthday sign and some decore you really pull it off nicely. The party looks amazing, you'll have to share your talent and tips with me when it's the little red Hen's birthday in Sept. ya we have a while. I remember swimming with you and our fun Education week adventures, good times, and when you won Miss CVJH, so cool. Hurrah for tall babes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job with the partay! Not overdone at all, just right. I think some people go too far with their kids b-day party's.

    That's great that he calls you 'bro'! Dennen still calls me 'dude' on occasion. Not as cute though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could your decorations and cake be any cuter?? No, no they could not. Nice work!!

    ReplyDelete