Sunday, November 21, 2010

Elf on the Shelf Part Duex

We last left the Hendricks with their new found friend,
The nameless Elf whom Santa did send.
Wyatt has delt with this Elf minus strife,
Instead of being in fear for his life.

When mommy Amandah turns round a corner,
she see's little W' chattin with the foreigner.



He talks of things he wants for the "big day,"
and obeys his mother til he hits the hay.

"Excuse me Mr. Elf,"
the child will say,
"I hope that you're having a wonderful day,
I think that you're stupid,
 but I want you to know
that I'm trying to be good,
so take your elf self back to Santa's hood,
and tell him that I do behave,
go ask my mom, that's all she will rave."

or something like that.

W' plays very near the Elf
(who has wandered by now)
quite far off the shelf.




He doesn't sit still for more than 12 hours
They wonder how big are his magical powers??
From the bench, to the harth
to the dusty window sill,
This dinky little visitor just won't sit still.


They finally gave the poor Elf a great name,
Brownie Sprinkles,
oh the glory and fame!

This tale turned out better than thought.
It was more than what the Hendricks had sought.

So we'll see if he brings a satisfied crowd,
or if this poor man is no longer allowed.
For when Santa fails to come by with his load,
maybe this elf will be hittin the road.
I hope you have a wonderful Holiday,
celebrating however you may!












5 comments:

  1. Man, too bad Macie is too young to get the concept of being extra good cause the elf is watching...I would've been out buying us our own Brownie Sprinkles today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too cute. I may have to invest in one of these magical creatures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dennen read your posts about the elf, and now totally wants one! We looked online and they're like $30. But, there is a black elf that's only $14! What the?! We are so buying the black elf! Whoever is selling these elves is obviously racist. Jerks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahah, Hilary that's so funny. That is quite obviously racist... but isn't it great they even make the black ones? Now someone will think im racist, but that wasn't even an option to buy one, i really wanted a chubby elf, but there were none.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the concept of the elf on the shelf and I love Wyatt's reaction to it! I too think it is a great idea. Maybe I should get one for Marshall.

    ReplyDelete