Monday, March 14, 2011

What really cooks my meatballs...



Is anyone else super tired of reading all the cookie cutter blogs?
 I feel like they only bring me down.
It just seems like all the women nowa days compete so much.
Who can make the nicest booger rag
Who can have the best dressed kids
Who can have the sweetest husband
Cleanest/ best decorated house
Be the most creative
Cook the most amazing meals.
Have the most friends, 
do the most stuff.
BLAH BLAH BLAH

Now, i know they get paid to blog. 
But does it really matter where your daughter got her headband?
Or what kind of high end rag you wrap your kid in?

Well call me Negative Nancy, but i am sorry.
This is not realistic.
  I don't have that kind of energy.
I have KIDS.

4 comments:

  1. Totally know what you mean. You NEED to check out my friend Kari's blog. She is hilarious, blunt, and sarcastic. I like reading her blog a lot. You two have similar senses of humor. Here it is: http://mkhobson.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I mean what one chooses to post is of course at their own discretion but some blogs are upsetting so I don't follow them anymore. I guess it all comes down to why you post. I post to let friends and family see pictures and get to know more about us. Some women seem to post to brag about their wealth, seemingly perfect children, and endless abilities to purchase. Maybe I just don't have a positive enough attitude but I like the more realistic blogs, which also have a good sense of humor to them. As Shakespeare said "To thine own self be true".

    ReplyDelete
  3. If it makes you feel any better, sometimes I'm a little envious of the humor and wit contained in your blog, and your creative writing ability in general. So, there! ;-)

    (Really though, you are quite talented.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey...so tubes...our doctor told us that if they got four ear infections in a year then they would consider tubes. Macie got her 4th within 7 months. Plus that fact that she has a lot of other respiratory problems meant that she would always be more prone to ear infections. So those things combined made us decide to do it. How often does Wyatt get infections? They totally stink...it's miserable (for the kid and for you!) From what I've heard, tubes make a huge difference. I'm crossing my fingers they work their magic!

    ReplyDelete