Sunday, March 27, 2011

A Thinker...


The other day my cousin Brittany and I were driving and she pointed out to me how nicely she had written on her hand. We then conversed about how, for some reason, when you write on your hand it always looks so neat. I explained to her it's like when you write on a single sheet of paper on a hard surface it doesn't look quite as crisp as when you have a whole stack of papers under it. The writing always looks smoother, like writing on hands.

We both decided that "THEY" should hire me to write a book of all the pointless stuff in the world. Lets face it, I do have a nack for noticing, dissecting, and writing pointless things.

Now that i am an adult and change my underwear daily, i think about life in a whole new way. Usually i have thoughts of grown up details: where should Wyatt go to school, what laundry detergent should i use, how can i make some money, when was the last time i changed the oil...but if you've ever talked to me, you know sometimes I say things out of no where.

 My brain just works that way. I think of something, then a detail  zaps it  into something else, which goes quickly to something else and then i say it. Sometimes seeming rude and not in the conversation, but they all connect in my head. Do you do that?

Wyatt does it too. Lately  (even more than usual) he just talks and talks and talks! I wondered if the reason was because i was ignoring the chatter so much, so i tried listening to him more intently but it seemed to increase even more. I've explained to him to think about things before he speaks and see if it has to do with what we are talking about. "But, if i don't say it, then no one will know" was his response. The problem is, i know too much!

Anyways.
I started this book the other day

Have you read it?
It's fantastic. I like it because the 12 year old main character reminds me of me. 
Not because I'm incredibly smart and people mistake me for something I'm not
(Except for people thinking I'm old)

But because of the way his thought process moves and how he tries to see the world.
You really must read it!



PS: Why is Matt Lauer's head so shiny? Is it acceptable in "The Biz" to have a super shiny head? Women can't have shiny faces. That would be devastating! So is there a double standard? I couldn't even tell you what he was talking about because it was so distracting.

2 comments:

  1. Amandah, this posts is one of the reasons I like you. You've always had this in common with me (I don't know if I have it to the extent that you do though). Anyway, I like pointless stuff. I'll have to read that book.

    ReplyDelete