Saturday, December 22, 2012

A New Room

Lately I've been trying to finish up a bunch of projects around the house. I (and when I say I, I mean Silas) started with a mud hall. We've never had anywhere to drop out coats and bags so they clutter up the table and then I yell. So we transformed a bare wall to a hooker wall. I really like it. (First two pics) Then I decided to carry it into the dining room....We finished last night. I LOVE the way it turned out. I still have to paint, but isn't it great?! It feels like its very own space now. Now I think I feel confident enough to tackle our lack of a mantle... I've been gathering ideas for that for years... I drew one up that I really like but I'll probably modify a bit. I just need to figure out what to use for a hearth. Although the blanket nicely shields my children from the death trap drywall edges, I think it's time. Any ideas? Brick, stone?











3 comments:

  1. Looks so good, I love it!! Did you really draw that sketch? I think you need to go into the business of home remodel/decor. Seriously. You are good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it sooo much!! I say stone. Hope Hattie is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Hil... She hasn't puked today but still so cranky! And won't eat... Max barfed this morning (2am) too. I just hope it's over by Christmas.

    ReplyDelete