Tuesday, December 25, 2012

A Handmade Christmas

What do you give someone who can buy themselves anything? I found myself asking this question when it was my turn to buy a gift for my cousin Brittany. So I asked her," Brittany. What do you want?" "Make me something," she says. So I asked her her favorite quote and she told it to me.

A long time ago before I was a twinkle in my mommy's eye, my grandpa use to say," Lips that touch a cigaroot shall never rest beneath my snoot!" Probably to deter his daughters from dirt bags. I'd say it worked well. And thus was her favorite quote.

So I gave it my all and tried my hand at the art of paper cutting. Wowee. So time consuming. And SO many hand cramps! Here's my journey...

Warning: So many pictures.











2 comments:

  1. That is AMAZING!!! Did you come up with that design yourself?! You are seriously so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy smokes, Amandah!!! I have never seen anything so amazing made out of paper. You are ridiculously talented! Your cousin is one lucky girl. Can you ask me what I want for Christmas next year? ;)

    ReplyDelete